Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Top 10 things...

It's been awhile! We have been keeping busy going to the lake and trying to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. I have been keeping myself busy at the gym! Yes, I am motivated once again. I am already down 8lbs. Only 20 more to go! Ha! I am motivated and keeping busy because I miscarried in mid May. I was only 5 weeks, but it still really stinks getting the positive test and being so excited because it seems like we have been trying FOREVER, and then losing it. I feel like I was given the most wonderful present and it was taken away, almost like some really cruel joke. I know that everything happens for a reason and there are people out there that have endured a lot greater hardships than this. It really makes me even more grateful and feel even more blessed for having my one little perfect girl! Anyway enough with that.....


Her tounge after enjoying a ring pop - Gee I wonder what color it was???

So here are Brooklynn's top things she does or says in no particular order:
1. Her new joke is telling everyone Nick got her earrings at a rummage sale. She laughs and then says, no a jewelry store. Nick actually had a jeweler make her CZ screw back earrings because I told him she can only have earrings that lock. What a great Daddy!
2. She loves, loves the Pixar movie Cars. She can recite the moving lines: "Mater, like ta-mater" and " Go Chuga, Go Chuga"
3. She informs everyone that she is a size 2T.
4. She loves to sing. She is always singing songs that you can actually understand like, Twinkle Twinkle little star, Baa Baa Black Sheep and Old McDonald.
5. She loves to swim and is not afraid of the water. She is learning how to put her face in the water and blow bubbles.
6. When Nick or I are eating she loves to tell us: "Be careful, don't make a mess", "Carefull Mommy, chew good!" and if we make a mess :"Oh no, clean it up!"
7. She can count to 13 and knows the colors: Red, blue, orange, yellow, pink and brown. She still has trouble with green and purple.
8. Her favorite word learned today "Opsie Daisy" She laughs super hard when I or her say it!
9. If she sees M&M's she informs anyone who is around that: " I get M&Ma's when I go big poopie on the potty" she has told many cashiers this, I just laugh!
10. She loves to ride her "bicycle". She is actually able to pedal her tricycle now, but gets frustrated when it doesn't go exactly her way.

2 comments:

The Gestl Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I don't really know what else to say, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry that you went through that. And I also have to say that I think Brooklyn is so incredibly adorable that I sometimes can't even handle her pictures! She cracks me up sometimes! : )

aidenjames said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. Just stay positive. I do love your cupcakes and your Top 10! Brooklynn is hysterical! I can't believe our babies are 2. Yikes! Happy Birthday, Brooklynn!