Friday, April 25, 2008

Welcome to Home Depot

Well we are finally doing more home improvements. We are shopping windows and are for sure getting a bay window for our big front picture window and 2 double hung windows for our kitchen. Our windows are very bad. The picture window rattles and has a high pitched whistle when it is windy. We had to keep a space heater in the front room this winter because it was so drafty and it doesn't open most of the time, when I finally get it open it usually all of a sudden slams shut it's own. Our two kitchen windows are AWFUL! They are not even glass they are plexi-glass! They also do not operate most of the time. It is nearly impossible to get them open first of all (especially since "someone", whom shall remain nameless, took it upon them self to remove the handles) and once you struggle to get it open you have to prop it open with a stick. Now I know everyone has had windows like this, but I am going to have Brooklynn walking around soon and I do not want to worry about a window slamming shut on her hands. We went to Home Depot to price out the windows for our bedrooms and left with a front door. It is actually really nice and just what we wanted. We have been looking for a while and this was a really good deal. So we will paint it this weekend and Nick will install it with my Dad and Brother next weekend. We will finally be able to get rid of our front screen door which I have had to put scotch tape over the holes in the screen to prevent unwanted bugs from entering. We will be able to replace it with my Grandparents K old screen door that is way nicer than one we would have bought! Thanks Nana & Bapa! I will post some pics of our new improvements. I think you know you are getting old when you are excited for new windows and door because they will look and function better and also decrease your utility costs!

1 comment:

Jon and Amanda said...

Ruchell, I lost my cell phone otherwise I would call. Did you find anything that helped with Brooklynn and her teething? Hayden has so many teeth coming in and it is bothering him so much. We have tried lots of things but so far nothing has worked. Just let me know.