Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekends - baby wash/lotion Update


Beautiful weather = Lots of fresh air!!! We have been able to enjoy the last 2 weekends at Lake Winnebago.(Our weekend is Thursday night through Friday for Nick and Saturday morning for Brookie and I) We fish, boat, jet ski and play outside. I officially caught the first 2 fish. Go Ruchell! I caught 2 sheepheads or aka fresh water drum fish. Still fun to catch. Enjoy the new pictures.

The all natural and organic baby wash and lotions are working great! Brooklynn's eczema is pretty much gone. I have also started to make my own baby wipes. Super easy and really a lot cheaper than buying them, and I know they are all natural!!! Crazy story that convinced me: Brookie was playing one night and we thought she tooted, I asked her is she tooted or needed a change and she said no change just toot. So Nick and I let her play for another 40 minutes. Before bed, Nick changed her and she had pooped! A bumpy red raised rash already set in! Nick was using the homemade baby wipes to clean her off, and since it was super messy quickly grabbed the regular pamper wipes to get more wipes easier and faster. As soon as he used the pamper wipes she screamed and cried. She told us it hurt. So Nick went back and used the homemade wipes and she said "Thanks Daddy, all better". I put the California baby calendula cream on her rash and the next morning it was completely gone! I am sold! I wish I had done this since she was born! BTW - Viva paper towels work great for the homemade baby wipes! Here is the recipe I use.

Baby Wash Recipe #2
2 TBSP Baby Wash all natural
2 TBSP Olive Oil or 1 TBSP Calendula Oil
2 Drops Tea Tree essential Oil
2 drops of essential Lavender Oil
2 Cups Water
Mix well in a spray bottle or your wipes box. Spritz on wipe before using if in spray bottle. Swish solution around over wipes if using a wipes box. Tea Tree Oil has lovely disinfectant properties along with its wonderful, clean smell.

1 comment:

aidenjames said...

That's awesome about Brooklynn's results with the natural goods! I bought all of those oils with my daisy blue party. You would seriously go crazy at a daisy blue party with all of their natural products. Finally, someone who gets what I've been talking about!!!! BTW, lavender is a natural bug repellent.