Tuesday, May 5, 2009

OH BANANAS!!!

Today was very productive so far. Brooklynn the last two nights has been waking up in the middle of the night. I do not know what is up. I think I am going to try to get her in bed by 9:30pm - she has been staying up until 10pm. Hopefully that works! Anyway so on to my productive morning - Up at 5am, worked for an hour, went to the gym and worked out, went grocery shopping at Woodmans, fed Brookie breakfast and worked a little more.

So since I was ahead of schedule today,I decided to bake a banana bread and not waste my brown bananas. Brooklynn being the helper she is wanted to help me. So I pushed a chair up and she helped me puree the bananas and cauliflower (BTW the banana bread I made has pureed cauliflower in it - anything to get more veggies in Brooklynn)So after pureeing the bananas I put them in a bowl. I turned to get the flour and when I turned back - Brooklynn was trying to dump all the pureed bananas into the measuring cup. AHHHH! My first instinct was to get mad - but I realize she was trying to help. SO I didn't yell at her but I did put her on the ground until I got it all cleaned up. Needless to say I had to use the bananas that were all over the counter. I just cleaned my counter so I think it will be OK - it isn't like I am giving the bread away as a gift or anything.... So I will let you know how this bread turns out and if it is good with the cauliflower in it.....
The recipe is from Deceptively Delicious
**** Update: The bread was good. I would say it wasn't the best banana bread I have had - but it was really good considering it was made with whole wheat flour and cauliflower!

2 comments:

aidenjames said...

Let me know how it is. I got the cookbook 2 years ago and haven't made anything in it yet!

aidenjames said...

Let me know how it was. I got the cookbook 2 years ago and haven't made anything in it yet!