Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

What a great holiday weekend. It was so nice to have Nick home with us Thursday and Friday. For the first time since July Nick and I both had a day off together! Brooklynn was such a trooper all day Thursday from 10am - 8:30pm with no nap, we left the house around 10am and didn't get back until a little before 9pm. It was a great day filled with family and too much food! (I will be working it all off at the gym this week!)
Friday we put all the outside Christmas lights up, our Christmas tree and most of the inside decorations. We still have to paint our first annual Christmas picture on our front window and once that is done I can set up my Christmas village. Much to my surprise Brooklynn is not touching the tree - I keep telling her "pretty no touch!" and then she pretends to kiss the tree.
Can you believe I ventured out on Black Friday? While Brooklynn was sleeping and Nick was hanging the lights outside I went to Best Buy to get a color picture printer that was on sale for $49 (my printer broke!) and I also went to Toys R Us to get diapers and wipes with their special $10 off coupon. It wasn't that bad - I was surprised.
In Brooklynn news she can now tell you what Santa says. When you ask her what Santa says she says "Ho Ho Ho" Too Funny!
I hear there is a winter storm on the move this way with 4 - 5 inches of snow - I guess it really is Christmas time!

Enjoy the pictures from Thanksgiving - the ones of Brooklynn kissing her cousins are too funny!



No comments: