Sunday, June 15, 2008

What we have been up to

Wow this week flew by. It has been busy. Brooklynn is all over the place. She totally understands most of what I tell her too. She defiantly knows what no means and will listen 90% of the time. She recently has been obsessed with shoes. I can not keep her away from our shoes. She picks them up and puts them down, then picks them up and moves and puts them down. Then of course she tries to put them on too! I have been hiding them on the stairs to keep her away from them because I am a dirt and germ freak! LOL She also loves to play with her baby doll and actually makes noises as if it was crying and then she kisses it and pats it. I also saw her tickling it and then laughing.

She is getting very close to walking, she can now stand and play with a toy or bend down and get something and get back up with out hanging on – her balance is definitely improving. I think she may be walking in a couple weeks.

Brooklynn has now started dancing – and I don’t mean just bobbing her head and clapping, she has been doing that. When she is standing and I start to sing she will stomp her feet and move up and down and then start laughing. It is too funny – I will have to get video of it! I guess our afternoon dance parties are starting to catch on!

Brooklynn and I had a very fun Mommy and Brooklynn day yesterday. We went to the mall to go shopping, we had to get a baby boy gift for our friends Amy & Bob who just had a baby boy, Luke James. Congrats Amy & Bob! Brooklynn loved the mall she says Hi and waves to everyone. She loves to grab anything she can reach from her stroller. After we were done shopping we got lunch, her and I split a grilled cheese and a fruit smoothie. YUM! Then we went to go meet baby Luke. He is so CUTE! Brooklynn loved him and kept yelling “dat” “dat” (which she now yells when she wants something) After we saw Luke we came home and she took a nap. I had such a blast with her at the mall.

While Brooklynn was napping I was deadheading my flowers and all of a sudden I heard splashing in our pool. I look and see a little bird in the pool. It was too wet so it couldn’t fly away. I grabbed the skimmer and got it out. I set it under our tree and it just stayed there. I thought neat I will go grab my camera and try out my big lens and tripod. I got some AWESOME pics. Then when it finally flew away it landed on the fence and I was snapping away when a cardinal came and landed on the fence too. I was so excited, and no I am not going to take up bird watching!

No comments: