Friday, May 9, 2008

When You Gotta Go... You Gotta Go!





Yesterday was quite eventful. Brooklynn took a digger into our surround sound speaker. YIKES! After holding frozen peas on it, her egg went down to a bruise. You can barley see it today. It is just a small blue line on her forehead. Question – As a parent do you ever not feel so horrible when your child gets hurt? I mean total pit in the stomach OMG feeling? My guess probably not.

After the trauma in the afternoon I decided to make a new dinner. Brooklynn and I went to Pick N Save and got the ingredients for Chicken Fried Rice (Nick brought home a recipe for fried rice because he had a taste for it) WOW is all I have to say. Even though it took longer than usual and was difficult keeping Brooklynn entertained in her walker while I was cooking away; it turned out great! It tastes just like real chicken fried rice. Wouldn’t you know it is already all gone except for the tasters that I saved for my Dad, Nick gobbled it right up! So while I was cleaning up from dinner, Brooklynn totally filled her pants, so Nick decided to give her a bath. Nick always carries Brooklynn around naked when he is getting her ready for her bath. I always warn him that she is going to tinkle on him; she never has until last night. Yep from the kitchen I heard an “OH NO!” from the bathroom and then laughing. Brooklynn totally tinkled on him and he was soaked in you know what!!!! LOL I just have to say it… I told you so!

Today was a very productive day. Nick hooked up our pool, cut the grass, fixed my dryer vent, opened our pond and organized a set of garage shelves. He also watched Brooklynn for almost 3 hours this morning while I attended a webinar for work. I came home to a picked up house and a sleeping baby, I should leave more often! LOL the most exciting thing that was done today was we finally got Brooklynn’s name hung up on her wall! It only took me 9 months to finish painting them.


Tomorrow is another very exciting day, for a couple of reasons. First my best friend Renee is in town (so excited – I wish she lived here!) and Nick and my Dad are hanging our new front door and screen door. Can not wait!

Almost forgot - I tried a Martha recipe today. It was a lot of work but smells DELISH! I was working with Martha on for background noise and she was making this lemon coffee cake, it totally caught my attention. So I decided to make it and give pieces of it to all the mothers in my life :-) It is supposed to be made with meyer lemons (which I looked up are not really lemons it is a lemon crossed with a mandarin orange) Well wouldn't you know good all "Pick Your Nose" didn't have them so I made it with lemons and oranges. Close enough I thought. I will post a pic of my Lemon/Orange Coffee Cake and let you know if it is good. Off to make my homemade glaze!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Martha cake was DELISH!! I'll be happy to try any other ones!
Yummy....
Mom XO