Saturday, October 11, 2008

Getting Crafty


I wanted to make Brooklynn a cookie trick-or-treat bag since she is going to be cookie monster for Halloween. So I went and bought a sewing machine. I didn't have one and have had to rely on my Mom to sew things for me. I decided it is about time I learn how to sew. I am already done with her cookie "bag." It turned out cute and pretty good for my first sewing project since 7th grade home ecomomics. I now have a new interest in learning how to sew and wish I had the money and time to take sewing classes. I want to be able to make valences and decorative pillows for Brooklynn's big girl room. It will really help save $$$.

P.S. I am still going to the gym - I am going 5 times a week and I go super early in the morning so that I am home by the time Brooklynn is up at 8 am. I LOVE IT! I am disappointed that I haven't lost a bunch of weight in the last 2 weeks. I have been working my tail off and really watching what I am eating. I am sure it will start to fall off - I just have to keep plugging away.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Great Job!! I just finished Aria's costume, hemmed a pair of dress pants, and "fixed" the sleeves on one of Robin's shirts. Very productive sewing day